Translating documents from a language to another requires a sharp mind. Because we all know that physical health and mental health often go together, I try to keep a healthy and active brain by practising healthy eating habits. Here are examples of my brain-boosting foods. I often munch on these before or while I work.
- Blueberries contain anthocyanins which help improve memory and delay short term memory loss.
- Blackberries contain polyphenols that help neurons communicate with each other allowing the brain to absorb new information.
- Tomatoes contain lycopene which is a powerful antioxidant that protects against dementia.
- Broccoli is known to enhance cognitive function which in return improves brainpower.
- Nuts prevent cognitive decline and they are a great source of vitamin E.
- Avocados help improve blood flow which contributes to a healthy and active brain.
Other brain-boosting foods that I like to eat are eggs, asparagus, beans, and salmon. What foods do you eat to improve your brain functions?